Demons of Dundurn - Rood of Parth Part 1

Come here to talk about the original JG products.

Demons of Dundurn - Rood of Parth Part 1

Postby ffilz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:12 am

Has anyone ever done anything with this module? It's got lots of potential, but is very confusing (and from what little reference I can find to it on the web, everyone else is confused also...).

Frank
ffilz

Re: Demons of Dundurn - Rood of Parth Part 1

Postby Baron » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 am

Have it, never even read it. Got it with a bunch of other modules. Curious to hear what you think, though.
Baron

Postby ffilz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:37 am

Nice maps, a seemingly interesting situation, but not enough detail of what actually happened, or exactly why the various people and demons are in the castle.

I've been thinking of using it for a Burning Wheel game, and there are elements of it that would fit in nicely with the setting we are using (which is our interpretation of Blackmoor...).

Frank
ffilz

Postby Mawdorn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:12 pm

This is one of my favorite modules! The various plot elements are scattered throughout the text and therefore many careful readings and possibly some notes are needed to grasp all the angles and many factions. I placed this module in hex 4025 of the Elphand Lands, replacing Sibar on the map with the town of Parth. I imagine the sequel would have been a quest for the pieces of the Rood of Parth, involving forays into the mines, behind the waterfall, under the amphitheater, perhaps to the abandoned keep, and finally to the tower of the Wise One. Curious if the second module is lying around somewhere or if Derek Watson's whereabouts could be determined? Would love to see this module revised, integrated into the Wilderlands, along with its sequel/s!
Mawdorn

Return to Original Judges Guild Products