Property in the CSIO

General conversation about Judges Guild. Please post topics related to products in the related forum.

Property in the CSIO

Postby Just X » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:58 am

My players are looking to buy property--a warehouse, inn, or house--within the walls of the City State of the Invincible Overlord. Has anyone ever dealt with this situation before? If so how did you handle locating the property for sale, how ownership is established, and what the price was or was based upon? Any help would be appreciated.

Just X
Just X

Re: Property in the CSIO

Postby ffilz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Well, there are lots of un-keyed buildings (plus who knows, maybe a proprietor of a keyed building would be open to a sale).

I would use the construction costs as a start for price, modified by condition (which you would need to add rules for). You will have to decide how hot the CSIO property market is also so you can judge where prices should in general be with respect to construction costs. Nominally, they prices should be higher than construction cost, though if the market is very depressed, property might sell for less than construction cost.

Frank
ffilz

Re: Property in the CSIO

Postby monocules » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:31 am

I had player who had a small house in the City state, but it wasn't a significant plot element.

I had another campaign that was trying inherit a house, but that fizzled out during adventures in the wilderness. That one was up agaist powerful forces inside the city state that doesn't like the rift raft owning property

Being a property owner is a big thing. In a city this old, during all that time, powerful clans, senators, and nobles would looking to expand property holdings and renting them out. When one of those parties suffer, its death blow would likely be end play (by competing clan(s)) with their holdings being split among other powers. Maybe one of those beat up, rinky dink families manages to hold on to property, how do they keep it? They would have to still be able to fend off some other noble, with political connections, seeing them as easy prey.

Should the party somehow manage to get the property, surly the upper classes would try to separate them from it
monocules

Return to General Discussion