Necro Games Retro feel of WoHF

Discussion of products produced from our many partners past and present!

Necro Games Retro feel of WoHF

Postby gondolin1 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:26 am

So waht does this all mean in the future for the Wilderlands of High Fantasy box set from Necro games?
Collectors Item? Usable product with some tweeking? A very large and heavy coaster? ;)
gondolin1

Re: Necro Games Retro feel of WoHF

Postby rbledsaw3 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:05 pm

All previous Necro/JG products are collector's items now. There was so much written by so many different people it's hard to keep straight who owns the rights to what. So if you have a copy of these, hold on to them. They will only appreciate in value!
Bob Bledsaw III

"This life is too short for hate or any of the many negative things which infect our world with Liecanthropes and Warwolves." - Bob Bledsaw I
rbledsaw3
Site Admin

Postby Thunderhold » Thu May 08, 2014 2:02 pm

Maybe a what needs to be asked is how much of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy box set from Necro Games will match up to the new updated materials: What will remain the same, what will not be in the new set that was in the Necro version (outside of the obvious typos/mistakes), what will be added that was not in the Necro version. I have the original and the Necro and can see/read the differences and I joined the Kickstarter that you folks did, but for those who are sitting on the fence what will be the pitch to get them to want to purchase this set of new materials? That and keep on coming back for more.
Thunderhold

Postby rbledsaw3 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:40 am

Thunderhold wrote:Maybe a what needs to be asked is how much of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy box set from Necro Games will match up to the new updated materials: What will remain the same, what will not be in the new set that was in the Necro version (outside of the obvious typos/mistakes), what will be added that was not in the Necro version. I have the original and the Necro and can see/read the differences and I joined the Kickstarter that you folks did, but for those who are sitting on the fence what will be the pitch to get them to want to purchase this set of new materials? That and keep on coming back for more.

As stated before, we cannot use anything that the Necro version had that previous JG versions did not have. So outside of original source material, the Necro and new version are going to be completely different. They will be striving to accomplish the same thing, but not with the same material. I hope that answers the question. It's hard to give an answer without divulging the new material.

Edit for Clarity
Bob Bledsaw III

"This life is too short for hate or any of the many negative things which infect our world with Liecanthropes and Warwolves." - Bob Bledsaw I
rbledsaw3
Site Admin

Postby Balarnega » Sat May 31, 2014 4:49 am

I think Bob meant to say that the new version from JG cannot use any material presented in the Necro version that had not already been in the original JG version; they can only go back to the original JG material and rebuild from there.
James Mishler
President, James Mishler Games
jamesmishlergames.blogspot.com
adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
Balarnega

Postby rbledsaw3 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:15 pm

Balarnega wrote:I think Bob meant to say that the new version from JG cannot use any material presented in the Necro version that had not already been in the original JG version; they can only go back to the original JG material and rebuild from there.

Precisely!
Bob Bledsaw III

rbledsaw3
Site Admin

Return to Partner Products